The March HPS&ST Newsletter is on the web at:
- Vale Norman Lederman (1952-2021)
- Why Trust Science and Science Education? Call for Papers Science & Education Journal
- History of Science YouTube Channel
- IHPST 2021 Webinars
- Dibner Award, Society for the History of Technology
- US History of Science Society: Joseph H. Hazen Education Prize, Nominations
- Opinion Page: The Beauty and Pleasure of Understanding, Igal Galili,
- Recent HPS&ST Research Articles
- Recent HPS&ST Related Books
- Coming HPS&ST Related Conferences
- HPS&ST Related Organisations and Websites
Norm Lederman’s obituary is also available in the HPS&ST Obituaries<https://www.hpsst.com/uploads/6/2/9/3/62931075/norman_lederman__obituary_.pdf> folder.
The Table of Contents and web-link of the HPS&ST Newsletter is sent monthly to about 9,500 individuals who directly or indirectly have an interest in the connections of history and philosophy of science with theoretical, curricular and pedagogical issues in science teaching, and/or interests in the promotion of more engaging and effective teaching of the history and philosophy of science. The newsletter is readable and downloadable from the website above.
The newsletter is also sent to different HPS lists and to science education lists.
The newsletter seeks to serve the diverse international community of HPS&ST scholars and teachers by disseminating information about events and publications that connect to HPS&ST concerns.
Please do feel free to forward this email to any local, national or international lists whose members you think would appreciate knowing of the newsletter and its web location. Forwarding the notification email is a very easy and efficient way of multiplying the readership and so increasing awareness of HPS&ST matters.
Contributions to the newsletter (publications, thematic issues, conferences, Opinion Page, etc.) are welcome and should be sent direct to the editor: Michael R. Matthews, UNSW, firstname.lastname@example.org.